Location, Location, Location
Karalee Lodge Stables were designed and purpose built by Alderson Racing on 5 acres adjacent to the Cranbourne Training Complex. It’s a short stroll for the horses to work at the Cranbourne Training Track before returning to the stable for breakfast, rest and relaxation. The complex itself is a state-of-the-art facility, widely acknowledged as the best in Victoria and possibly Australia. Offering a wide variety of surfaces to train on, with safety features such as horse entry/exit underpasses onto the track, which eliminates the need for crossings that often result in horse injuries.
The design of our complex means every horse receives individual attention and living conditions tailored to its specific needs. Having access to various accommodation and fitness training methods keeps our horses engaged and interested in their training program – happy horses produce their best.
Complex Facilities & Services include:
- Large wide, spacious tracks in grass, sand and viscoride
- E-Trakka - state of the art satellite tracking device owned by Alderson Racing for accurate timing of gallops regardless of visibility, heart rate monitoring & computer analysis
- Newly built safe stalls
- Bull ring
- Swimming pool
- Sand trotting ring
- Sand hill tracks (for building strength and stamina)
- Trials, unofficial every Tuesday & scheduled official trials
- Jumping schools every week during the jumping season
- Individual paddocks to rest and freshen up
- Double stable for every horse with windows to view other horses and the surrounds
- Walk in-Walk-out stables
- Horse walker to limber up and put miles in the legs
- Barrier stalls for education
- Bush walking tracks for afternoon walks
Beaches - the horses thoroughly enjoy the variation and change of scenery when they visit Balnarring or Seaford beach for some low impact fitness training
Only 30 minutes from Karalee Lodge Stables is our agistment and breeding farm. This property truly is horse heaven, comprising 125 acres set up like a 5 star health retreat. Horses enjoy acres of endless grazing and interaction with other horses, mares, foals and even the odd cow! Our horses come to the farm for much needed physical and mental rest and relaxation. They return to the stable feeling refreshed and invigorated.
We have expanded our operations over the years to indulge our passion for breeding to produce future winners and hopefully champions!
Most of our mares have been trained and raced by us and therefore we have intimate knowledge of the family strengths, weaknesses and personalities!
We spend many hours researching bloodlines to match our mares with stallions to produce the best possible result. Foals are reared at our farm where we keep a watchful eye on their growth and progress.
It’s a long but very rewarding process when we see one of our ‘babies’ winning at the track.